I love throw pillows! They add such a cozy touch to every room but I’m on a budget. Which meant I needed to find a low cost way to update our old miss-matched throw pillows. I have lots of hand-me-down throw pillows but none of them matched or fit the current style of our home, so making slipcovers was the next best option! It’s more affordable and very easy. A sewing machine isn’t needed and it only takes 4 quick steps.
• 1 & half yards of fabric for two pillows
• Stitch Sew Quick
Step 1: Cut fabric
• Width = (insert/pillow X 2) +6”
• Length = Insert/pillow + 1”
• Example: If your pillow/insert is 18” you cut 19” X 42”
Step 2: Hem edges
• Fold over ½” and iron flat
• Then sew along the ironed end
Step 3: Sew both sides
• Turn fabric over with the side you want showing face down (aka the ugly side up).
• Overlap the fabric 4”
• Sew a ½” seam on both sides while the fabric is over lapped.
Step 4: Finish up
• Turn the fabric inside out
• You’re finished!!! Now slip your new slipcover on your insert/pillow!
Good luck! let me know if you have any questions.
XOXO, Lisa Tornabene
*Affiliate links are used in this post